St Hilda’s College provides a happy, balanced environment to ensure our students are healthy, secure and achieve their academic success
St Hilda’s College was named to commemorate St Hilda, who established a regular life in her monastery, taught the observance of righteousness, mercy, purity and other virtues, but especially of peace and charity.
Communitas is the essential element of this College, inspired by the community formed by St Hilda.
To create The University of Melbourne's most vibrant, academically stimulating and welcoming residential community
Our Guiding Values
St Hilda’s College is committed to promoting and ensuring:
- Honesty, integrity and mutual respect in relationships between all members
- Freedom from all forms of discrimination
- The pursuit of, and respect for, high academic achievement
- A climate of openness which encourages the expression of differing views
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and innovation
- The development of leadership skills
- A caring and supportive community
- A community which encourages active participation in sporting and cultural activities
The Mission of St Hilda’s College is to enhance our residents’ university experience.